Are you a hands on DBA, driven and passionate about your vocation? Excited by the idea of a role that you can truly make your own and to test new tech?
The successful candidate will demonstrate how they can add value to the business by explaining and delivering what “best practices” and technical methods they have used and which they can implement to allow the delivery of leading edge web based applications.
- Database and performance tuning and optimisation
- Day to day support and administration of all areas of SQL and data warehousing environments
- Data cleansing and data correction work, performance tuning, capacity planning
- Archiving, backup and restore best practices including security
- Automation of regular reporting and maintenance tasks
- Assisting developers, implementation and support staff with putting together complex database queries and stored procedures
- Establishing and maintaining company standards and guidelines for SQL
- Contributing to product improvement, ease of use, reliability and reducing support levels
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to deliver accurate quality work to agreed timescales, and manage and prioritise own
- Flexibility with working hours and workload including being part of the on call rota
- Proven experience in a similar role and with a real passion and drive for database administration